I was reading my friends blog and she was listing off all the things she is thankful for and it really got me thinking. This time last year Makennah was about 6 weeks old and had just moved to Cooks NICU. Our life had been turned completely upside down and we held our breath every time the phone rang because we were so scared for our baby girl's life! It was a tough time that I would never want to relive and I wish we could take all that Makennah has gone through away, but I would never want to take back what I learned. After having gone through 104 days of living in the NICU, believe it or not, I am thankful for what we learned during this trial!
Eric and I weren't getting along really good and had a really rocky marriage. When Makennah came we pulled together and he was the best husband ever! He was not brought up in a Christian home, but had been learning since we had been dating. He was actually baptized the night of our rehearsal dinner before our wedding. He was still really confused on a lot of things he read in the Bible and didn't understand a lot, but we both thought we understood faith. You would think after being brought up in the church and being a part of the church for 25 years I would know what faith was, but I didn't. I had hope, but not faith! The day the doctors came in and told me that Makennah wasn't going to make it I was able to be at peace, because I KNEW that I had prayed for God to take care of her and I KNEW He would! I had faith that He would either heal her and bring her home to us or she would be free from pain and go home with Him. I never thought that I would be able to be at peace with losing my child, but I was because I knew My Father was going to do what was best for my sweet angel!
My daughter has taught me more in the 13 months she has been alive than I have learned being brought up in the church for 25 years! For that I am sooooo thankful! I am so thankful for how she brought her Daddy to know Christ! He now leads our family in prayer and teaches our girls the right things to do and explains things to them and reads Bible stories to them! Wow! What a change from the last year!
I can never explain how thankful I am for all the people that prayed and encouraged us during this time! To look at Makennah's CarePage keepsake book and re-read all the comments, prayers of hope & thanksgiving and encouragement given to us during the whole NICU stay just sends chills and it was such an experience that I will always remember every detail!
I could go on forever for things I'm thankful for, but I just wanted to share this story because most of my blog followers were our CarePage followers and YOU are some of the ones that I am so thankful for! THanks for all you have done for me and my family!
Love,
Candi
Eric and I weren't getting along really good and had a really rocky marriage. When Makennah came we pulled together and he was the best husband ever! He was not brought up in a Christian home, but had been learning since we had been dating. He was actually baptized the night of our rehearsal dinner before our wedding. He was still really confused on a lot of things he read in the Bible and didn't understand a lot, but we both thought we understood faith. You would think after being brought up in the church and being a part of the church for 25 years I would know what faith was, but I didn't. I had hope, but not faith! The day the doctors came in and told me that Makennah wasn't going to make it I was able to be at peace, because I KNEW that I had prayed for God to take care of her and I KNEW He would! I had faith that He would either heal her and bring her home to us or she would be free from pain and go home with Him. I never thought that I would be able to be at peace with losing my child, but I was because I knew My Father was going to do what was best for my sweet angel!
My daughter has taught me more in the 13 months she has been alive than I have learned being brought up in the church for 25 years! For that I am sooooo thankful! I am so thankful for how she brought her Daddy to know Christ! He now leads our family in prayer and teaches our girls the right things to do and explains things to them and reads Bible stories to them! Wow! What a change from the last year!
I can never explain how thankful I am for all the people that prayed and encouraged us during this time! To look at Makennah's CarePage keepsake book and re-read all the comments, prayers of hope & thanksgiving and encouragement given to us during the whole NICU stay just sends chills and it was such an experience that I will always remember every detail!
I could go on forever for things I'm thankful for, but I just wanted to share this story because most of my blog followers were our CarePage followers and YOU are some of the ones that I am so thankful for! THanks for all you have done for me and my family!
Love,
Candi
2 comments:
You guys have been through so much and you inspired me with how you handled things. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Welcome to the blogger world! Looking forward to what God has to say though you and you life. Thanks for sending me the email letting me know you finally got a blog! Love ya girl :o) Please follow my blog as well.
Post a Comment