Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7

Well this time last year we were starting our "rooming in" process in the NICU trying to prepare for bringing Makennah home. We were working really hard on her feeding problems and we were so excited at this point! The first day I got to room in with her - I just had to play "dress up" with her! I had a blast actually getting to be her Mommy & do "normal" Mommy things with her! Those times were so special and will be some of my favorite memories with her!

She enjoyed it at first and looked oohhhh so cute in her little NEWBORN size outfit!

Ok Mom, this isn't a real photo shoot!

"GET THIS HAT OFF!!!"

There are so many things with your children that are just taken for granted! Holding them for the first time, hearing them cry for the first time, changing a poopy diaper for the first time, feeding them a bottle, nursing them, etc. These were all things that I didn't get to do right away and I felt robbed in some way, but today I was driving home and I thought all the prayers I used to pray for God to grant me patience. I know I know......never pray for patience, but you know what.......I have the patience now! My child has brought that to me! Everytime I see that poopy diaper I am ok and somewhat excited! Everytime I hear her cry it is sweet music to my ears! Every night when I sit and rock her. Every time I get to help her eat. I just think.....thank you for this cry, this poop, this cuddle time. Wow!

I struggle watching her want to crawl soooo bad! She is getting up now and rocking away and I want sooooo bad for her to just get up and get into my cabinets, break something valuable to me, eat the plant, etc. HaHa! I know I will eat my words, but I desire these things. I love my baby girl so much! Thank you all for being a special part of her life and most of all thank you for believing in her, having the faith and power of prayer!!

2 comments:

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Baby Mak has come a long way! Hang in there, she is a strong girl and she is going to fight through all these mile stones!

Monica Squiers said...

She is such a doll and has come so far. She and you guys have taught a lot of us so much. We enjoy getting to be a part of her life.