My precious cute sweet loving baby girl has learned something new. We went to the neurosurgeon yesterday for Makennah's initial visit and she was being sooooo loud! I finally told her, "Sshhhh, Makennah, you need to use your inside voice." (Like she understood that - or so I thought). Then she looked at me with those big blue eyes with a ornry grin on her face and said, "ssshhhhhh!" I tried to hard not to laught, but at that point I realized that we were in for it with her! Later in the night she was throwing a fit on her changing table so I swatted her leg and said, "No ma'am." Makennah responded with a sweet, "no no no." Wow - she is going to be my problem child with the BIG ATTITUDE!! Look at how sweet she looked though - sitting on the bench with her Daddy waiting on my to check out at the doctor's office!
Her appointment went pretty well with Dr. Marks, the neurologist. He said that he was really impressed with how well she looked, especially for what all she had been through. He diagnosed her with mild mild mild cerebral palsy, which I was kind of suspecting. She has tight muscle tone in her left side, well tighter than the right side. He said that it may effect her and it may not. It's a waiting game and we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Isn't it fun being a mom? I love watching her do new things everyday. It makes you feel so warm and fuzzy inside! I wish I could keep her like this forever!!! I love her cuddling and saying "aahhh" and giving me sugars! Wow!
Afterwards I took Makennah up to the Progressive side of the NICU to visit. Two of her primary nurses were actually there and we were able to surprise them. It was as if Makennah remembered them. She went right to them, smiled & talked to them, gave them sugars, etc. It was so sweet! Here is a picture of her favorite nurse, Lisa Bell!
I hope that each of you are enjoying your kiddos and counting your blessings EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Full of A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E!
Posted by MommyCandi at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad that she is doing so well. Being a Mommy is so great!
Post a Comment