Our life has just seemed so chaotic lately! I got sick this week. I had been fighting a super bad yeast infection for the last week or so an had finally called my OB and she called in some prescription strength medicine for that. Well things kept getting worse and worse. I started feeling pretty crappy so I did a urinalysis at work on Tuesday and it showed I had a super nasty urinary tract infection. I called my OB back with the results and she called me in the strong stuff....Levaquin....on Wednesday afternoon. I didn't miss any work and by the time I left work on Wednesday I had the chills sooo bad and when I got home I was running 103.4 and I felt absolutely HORRIBLE!! I went straight to bed - I didn't say hi to anybody - just my pillow. HaHa! Thursday I got to work and was feeling ok, but my throat was killing me.....well I swabbed my throat and tada.....positive for strep throat. This week has not been fun for me! I have felt horrible, but my antibiotic is working an tonight was my last night and boy do I feel so much better! Makennah is still well, but Eric came up sick today, but he has an upper respiratory infection. So not fun!!
Anyways....just an update on our madness in the Talley household.
I have a few things that are weighing super heavy on my heart that I want to share!
1. You all know that Savannah lives with her mom and her mother's "girlfriend," yes I said girlfriend. Well Angie, the girlfriend, just had a baby. Savannah seems excited, but so confused at the same time. It seems to be tough for her and she doesn't really know what to call her or how to answer questions her little friends ask about "the lady who lives with her Mommy." This is very difficult for Eric and I to even attempt to explain to Savannah. We don't want to bad mouth anybody, but we want her to know that this lifestyle is NOT normal and is NOT right! We are trying really had to be there for her, but we just don't know what to say. Angie is super sick and is in ICU. The baby is doing great, but Angie hemmorrhaged REALLY bad during labor and lost most of her blood volume. She now has a lot of fluid on her lungs and congestive heart failure. It is not looking good for her. You can tell Savannah is worried about her, but it's hard to care. I know that sounds so harsh, but it's hard to care about two women who put a sweet little girl in situations that are so confusing and so hard to understand at any age, much less the age of 5. This is sooooo tough! Please pray for her and pray that God will put her in the right house for her. We would love for her to come live with us, but with our court systems the way they are it is so hard to get a child away from their mother, no matter the circumstances!
2. I feel like Eric and I are going in slow motion and are in a de ja vu mode. We are kind of burned out on our Bible class on Sunday morning, burned out on teaching class.......just kind of burned out. I taught so many quarters in a row when I was pregnant and before that that I just haven't signed up to do it again since I had Makennah. (The last time I actually taught class was the nursery class on Wednesday when I was pregnant. I went into labor that night after church.) I feel like I need something different for a change. I usually miss most of the sermons on Sunday morning because I'm either fighting Makennah in church or taking her out of church. I don't like taking her to the nursery because there are several kids in there just playing and I think that the nursery is not for play time. I firmly believe in teaching them to sit in church while they're young. I am also worried about leaving Makennah in the middle of all of them playing because she can't even crawl yet and I don't want her to get hurt.
It's hard to explain all of this. We haven't really done a whole lot with our young couples in a long time either. Everybody is so busy with kids and it makes it so tough to do things together. We have talked several times of finding a different church to have a change, but I just can't. I have been at Alvarado forever and it just seems weird to even think about change. We are starting off this weekend by going to visit my old college friends and the church I went to while I was in college in Stephenville. We are really excited and looking forward to doing something different. I feel like we are stuck in the same motion every Sunday.
Anyways.....I better quit because I am just rambling and not making any sense. I hope everybody has a great Valentine's and a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Candi
Friday, February 13, 2009
It's Been Soooo Long!
Posted by MommyCandi at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It sounds like things are really tough on you right now. I, also, wish that we had more young adult activities. It would be nice to get together often.
Poor Savannah! Bless her little heart. How hard it all must be to understand. Pray over her often that her heart will stay pure to God's way and not her mother's way.
Glad that you are feeling better & hope to see you tomorrow! Love Ya
Post a Comment